Friday, July 23, 2010

EOTD : Urban Decay Naked Palette Look 1

Since I have been focusing on doing makeup on my eyes for the past few months, I am going to post Eyes of The Day (EOTD) from time to time for my own record. Hopefully will see improvement on my eyes makeup technique in the near future.

I am so excited on the Urban Decay Naked Palette that I decided to try it on this evening.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The result? I am falling in love with this palette from head to toe. You definitely will be seeing me posting different eyes look from this palette.


I used 6 eyeshadow colors and the 2 eye pencils today to produce the above eyes look.

1. After applied UDPP, put "Naked" all over my lid and over the lid.
2. "Zero" eye pencil to draw my upper lash line. I did some thick wing effect for the upper lash line.
3. "Darkhorse" covering the "Zero" and also cover the lid. Build this one carefully.
4. "Toasted" above the lid. My eyes do not have well-defined crease, therefore I just estimate how high I want to apply bash on my eyes bone structure. Blend lightly so the it creates a mild smokey effect.
5. Then, dab a bit of "Hustle" on the out lid and slowly do the "V" movement to accentuate that area.
6. For lower lash, use "Whiskey" eye pencil to draw line on the outer half.
7. Then, use a small defining brush, apply "Toasted" under the "Whiskey". Blend lightly with a blending brush.
8 "Virgin" to highlight the highest point under the brow and tear duct area to create bigger eyes effect.
9. Finally, use "Buck" to define eyebrow with a dome shape precision brush.

As you can see, I don't use the technique of drawing my eyes as quite a lot of the makeup tutorial on Youtube. My eyes do not have nicely defined crease, therefore my eyes look hideous with the common 1,2,3,4 technique. I learned this technique from a Lancome makeup artist, and I love the way my eyes look.

There was one time I went for a makeup session with another brand makeup artist, she sort of used the 1,2,3,4 technique, even took a photo on the face. Seriously, I looked really awful. It was as though both ends of my eyes were lifted with somekind of invisible threads. Also, I looked like I put on 20 lbs. Will dig the photo out to show you all one day.

Anyway, I went out with the hubby for dinner tonight at a Peruvian restaurant. Was debating between Filipino, Vietnamese and a new cuisine. The earlier two are my favorites, but decided to go to the Peruvian since I have never tried it before. The hubby chose another branch of the restaurant that he likes, turned out it was way below the quality of another one that he usually visits. He needs to convince me again on the Peruvian foods next time.

After that, I wanted to go to Red Ribbon to get a cake to celebrate our special day, but because he spent too much time at a Filipino supermarket, Red Ribbon has just closed when we reach there. Grrr...



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, it was a lovely evening. After 6 hrs, my eyes makeup still look perfect. :)

XOXO, Fish Fish

2 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

gosh! your eye makeup really looks nice! i like your outer V! keke...i can never get it right :( what kind of brush did you use for that?

your eyes really look nice with this look! love it =)

Fish Fish said...

Pink Cotton, thank you~~~ *blush* LOL, it actually took me some time to practise before I can control it better. I used... ehhem... e.l.f. Studio line blending brush. This brush is awesome, you should get it.