Monday, July 19, 2010

Haul: eyeslipsface.com - The biggest ever

This is going to be my biggest cosmetics haul ever, in term of the items I ordered at one time.

eyeslipsface.com or more known as e.l.f., is an affordable cosmetics brands. A lot of their products cost only US$1, 3 or 5, depending on the products line.

It is common for e.l.f. to have coupons to get their items at discounted price, however, it is not common that you can get the coupon to be used on all their product lines at one time. It was also a reason I have mostly used their Studio line products so far.

However, less than two weeks ago, e.l.f. was having a special one-day sales for all their products for celebrating their online shopping first anniversary. Grabbing this chance, I decided to order products from their Regular, Studio and Minerals lines. One would be able to get a 60% off as long the order was more than US$25, however, the maximum discount was limited to only US$100. Free shipping is available for purchase US$75 and above, after all the discount.

I ordered mine on July 7, and my package arrived on July 16. It was actually pretty fast. E.l.f. used to have very bad shipping when they first started, but now, their shipping are wonderful. I have ordered from them three times, and I never had any problem with the shipping to date.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My package came in this white box. While ordering this, the free shipping system was not working. I had to call the customer service to get the free shipping done manually. This was the first time I encountered this problem on their website. At first, I used the live chat to ask the staff, apparently, she didn't know anything because she told me her company has cancelled that free shipping policy two weeks ago.

Sceptically, I decided to call the customer service to tell the same problem, and without even asking further, this time the lady told me she would help me to enter the free shipping manually after I have ordered online. So, using my order number, after 30 min putting my order, I called the customer service again and saved the US$7 shipping fee. So, the next time if you have problem, it is the best to call the customer service rather than using the live chat.

Ok, time to share my haul with you all. ^_^


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The smaller items were all packed in a huge plastic bag with huge e.l.f. printed on it.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See what I mean? Huge e.l.f. While the bigger items were packed separately.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oolala~~~ look at my haul after laying them out! Guess how many?



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A total of 52!! I was very impressed even with these many items, they did not miss a single thing. 100% accurate. Kudos to that. The first time I ordered from Sephora, despite having only 5 items, they sent only one for the item I ordered two. However, they did resend me the missing one. Ever since then, they have not repeated the same mistake.

Here is close up of the items one by one. ;)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two Studio line 11 Piece Brush Collections. I have one that I am using daily now. I love them so much, I decided to order more for giving them to my family. Retail price US$30. Will be a review for this one, I'll tell you why I love the Studio line brushes.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Four Studio line Powder Brushes. One of my favorite e.l.f. brushes. It is very useful for various applications. Only US$3 each at retail. Even cheaper after discount.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got these Studio line items because of good reviews from Youtube and their website. All are new to me.

A. One Complexion Perfection. Retail US$3.
B. One Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. Retail US$3.
C. One High Definition Powder. Retail US$6.
D. One Mineral Face Primer. Retail US$6.
E. One Concealer Pencil and Brush. Retail US$3. (I've already started to use this. Love it! Definitely will be reviewing it.)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Next are the US$1 items.

Five packs of Shine Eraser (repurchase), and one Brightening Eye Color in Butternut (new try).


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two All Over Cover Stick in Rosy Beige and Spice (new try). 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One Eye Lash Curler (I got one of this, love it, and decided to have an extra one).
One Dual Pencil Sharpener.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Also, five pairs of Natural Lash in Black and Dramatic Lash in Black each. I should have also bought the  Hollywood Eyelashes Kit, didn't notice it has a lash applicator that might be helping me to apply the false lashes. This kit is out-of-stock in a few Targets nearby my house, now I need to wait.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And finally for the US$1 items are a Blending Eye Brush, a Eye Shadow Brush, a Nourishing Cuticle Pen and a Tweezer. All are new try.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For the Minerals line, there were only two kind of products I ordered. First were these Mienral Lipsticks. Retail at US$5 each.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I like how the packaging look. But I was disappointed with the colors. Definitely not the colors that are described. I did read reviews on Youtube that the colors turned out different, but I did not expect it to be this different. I think I only like 1 out of 4 of the colors. I am very obsessed with pink lipsticks lately, and I was disappointed not to find any pink I like. Will review them though.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Finally, 13 Minerals line Eyeshadows. Each for US$3 at retail. I am very excited to try these out as it will be my first time trying out mineral eyeshadows.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The packaging are nice. One of them is very hard to tighten properly and one of them has its plastic cover inside a bit peeled off. But apart from that, all the other came in good conditions. I will try to use them in the coming weekends.

The colors I got were Seductive, Socialite, Wild, Caffeinated, Confident, Temptress, Glamorous, Sassy, Sweet, Golden, Natural, Innocent and Elegant. Absolutely will be a review for this.

I wanted to try their eye primers from Regular and Minerals lines too, but they were out of stock. Perhaps next time.

Well, that's all for my e.l.f. haul from their first anniversary celebration. If more of their products are pleasing me, I might do another big haul again during their next anniversary. ^_^

XOXO, Fish Fish

6 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

:(

i typed a very long comment but its all gone when i submitted it. anyway...what a nice haul!!...*envy envy* LOL!

i got one of the powder brushes too...i use it everyday now to apply foundation (i learned it from here :http://www.skindeco.net/2009/03/best-3usd-that-youll-ever-spent.html)

can i do a request?can you review the face primer too??kekeke thanks! muaks! :D

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

WOW! what a haul! i like the blush/bronzer combo! :P

Fish Fish said...

Pink Cotton: Yeah, sometimes it happen to mine too, very frustrating. That powder brush is awesome, I'll be definitely doing a whole set brushes review sometime this week. It is my pleasure to do a review for you, but give me a few weeks to use the face primer before I review about it. ;)

Peach Pink Sisters: Thank you. I have not tried the blush/bronzer yet but will soon!

Stavroula said...

Wow I'm drooling all over the place!! That's an amazing haul !!! :D I love elf, the mineral eyeshadows are great! :) You can use them wet too for more intense results! Which mineral lipsticks did you get? :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Fish Fish said...

How do you use the mineral eyeshadows, they are hard to control, and I made a mess!! Since then, I have not touched them yet. I haven't used a lot of their lipsticks yet, but I kind of like Natural Nymph now since it was out my lips, and make me easier to apply light lip gloss and give beautiful color. The other three are Runway Pink, Pouty Petal and Nicely Nude.

Stavroula said...

Take a quite stiff eyeshadow brush, if you use a fluffy one you'll get eyeshadow all over your face, and instead of swirling the brush around, pat it on your lid! Also make sure to tap off the excess before applying it on your eyelids! You could also use them wet, that makes me a bit less messy! :) But yeah mineral eyeshadows are always going to be messy, you can't use them if you're in a hurry!

I hope I helped you a little bit! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover