Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Haul: Sephora.com - Tarte, Benefit, Dior, Jack Black and free gifts

My most recent Sephora.com haul arrived four days ago. As usual, it came in a huge box. What a waste of space. For the past few months, ever since I discovered the fun in beauty products, then Sephora, damages in my wallet have been pretty scary. I reached my VIB status in less than three months.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



It is definitely slowing down. My previous online shopping in Sephora was more than two months ago. However, I just have to make this haul as there were a few very good deals.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This Tarte EyeQuatic Waterproof Summer Essentials Set ($53 Value) that could be purchased online only was the offer that prompted me to get this haul. It was a weekly special, priced at only US$15. I have always wanted to try Tarte, but since I have so many untouched new cosmetics, I tried to hold on.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

However, the moment I saw this beautiful scarf that came with the set, I gave in. As a scarfs collector, I love love love beautiful scarfs. I would even pay US$15 just for this scarf.

I was surprised that this scarf is huge, measuring at 34 in. x 34 in. Not very good quality, and the lining is pretty rough. Also, there is a very tiny hole and a little defect on the scarf due to mishandling, not regret getting it though. The pattern on this scarf is definitely one of the prettiest in my collections.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The set also comes with three Lock and Roll Creaseless Eye Shadow Duo in Lavendar, Teal and Champagne plus a sample size Lights, Camera, Splashes! 4-in-1 Natural Waterproof Mascara. I am excited for the mascara, as I am in a state of figuring out the best mascara for me.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another brand that initiated my purchase was another online special, Benefit Cosmetics Stay Put Set ($35 Value). It was priced at US$10 only. For the same reason as Tarte, I have not owned any Benefit product yet.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am interested to try their eye primer (Stay Don't Stray) and concealer (Erase Paste), so these are good sample sizes to try. It also comes with Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P. Benefit is one of the few brands that offer interesting packaging on their products.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another two items were Dior DiorShow mascara (US$24) and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 (US$7). Jack Black is a male brand, but this lip balm seems to get good reviews from female too. Since my favorite lip conditioner is running low, and it is expensive, I hope this will be a good alternative.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So far, I have only used two types of mascara, Lancome Definicils and Estee Lauder Projectionist. I want to try out Dior DiorShow mascara since it received massive positive reviews. I hope it is not an overhype. This thing is bigger than the normal mascara.

That's all for my purchase part. The following items I got them for FREE. Hehe... I enjoy free samples for me to try.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The first one came free with any purchase. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation 10 Day Sample - Medium Beige. This is actually my second Bare Escentuals free gift, thanks to Sephora.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This brand receive so many good reviews on their mineral products that made me so tempted to buy. However, I still have quite a few mineral foundations from different brands with me, I just need to buy control myself. It is good to have this free sample, since 10 days are pretty good for me to figure out if this mineral brand will match with me.

The set comes with a bareMinerals Matte SPF15 (I chose medium beige), an Original Mineral Veil and a cute Mini Buki Brush. The kabuki brush is so small I wonder what I can use it for.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My next free gift was the Amore Pacific Age Delay Skincare sample set. I got them using 500 point in my Beauty Insider account. Amore Pacific is an expensive brand, I will not buy the full size without trying. Although the samples were slightly too small, I decided to give it a try.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The set comes with sample sizes Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel Oil-Free (full size US$100), Moisture Bound Intensive Vitalizing Eye Complex (full size US$125) and Treatment Enzyme Peel (full size US$60). By amount, this whole set worth only about US$30, not the best deal, I would say.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last group of free gifts, the three samples that come with online purchase everytime. This time, I chose Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector for dark spot, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Oil Free SPF 15 for face priming and Living Proof Straight Making No Frizz Styling Cream for Medium to Thick Hair.

Well, definitely look like reviewing these products will take me a couple weeks.

XOXO, fish fish

4 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

wow wow...what a nice haul! :)
omg the benefit set is only $10! definitely cant get that price in malaysia :( too bad sephora doesnt ship to malaysia

Fish Fish said...

Pink Cotton: Heehee... thanks. Yap, it was only for US$10. Eventhough only sample sizes, I think they can last me as least two months! Hey, do you know Sephora is going to be opened in Starhill Gallery end of 2010? At least that's the rumor I read online. See this post. http://www.mywomenstuff.com/2010/05/21/sephora-malaysia-coming-soon-to-starhill-gallery/ Just hope the price will not be inflated too much.

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

Great haul! :) It's wonderful that you can order on your own. I've always been afraid of ordering @ Sephora since my parcel might get lost on the way to Manila or something.

- Trace

Fish Fish said...

Trace, yes, tell me that. Which is why I never send back anything to Malaysia now. I have lost a few parcels when I sent them back. Even a simple letter with cute stamps on it, they just stole the stamps! Horrible!! I am actually very tempted to share the deal with my friends back home, while earning myself some pocket money, but thinking about the risk in postal, I am still hesitating.