Friday, July 16, 2010

Haul: Walgreens - Duo, Almay, L'Oreal and Rimmel London

After gym session with the hubby, I buzzed him to bring me to Walgreens last night. My initial plan was to get a Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Dark Tone only. I am a newbie in trying out fake eyelashes, and one of my favorite gurus, Emilynoel83 strongly recommended this eyelash glue in dark tone in her Youtube video (she makes awesome beauty products reviews in her videos). I did find a Clear version in Target, bought and used it, but did not quite like the color of it after drying. So glad the Walgreens that I went still have two left. Right after I got one of them, the last one was grabbed by somebody else after 1 min. Wow!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This is priced at US$6.49 before tax, a dollar more expensive than Target. Too bad Target do not have the Dark Tone version.

Just when I was on the way to the counter, some bright orange price tags caught my attention. Oh man~~~ I wish I did not notice them (or maybe I am glad to notice them).



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was marked as US$2.99 only. The original price was about US$8 or 9, I think. Those orange tags are actually for clearance or last chance items.

I've never tried Almay, although I heard good reviews about their makeup remover. Decided to get one of their Pure Blends bronzer to try.

As what a bargain lover likes to do, I decided to check out all the orange tags in the cosmetics section. Oolala~~~

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My second hunted treasure was a L'oreal H.I.P. Jelly Balm in Succulent (520). Although I have never owned any MAC products yet, I found out later (from Youtube, of course) that quite many people compare this product to MAC Tender Tones.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This Succulent is a nice peachy pink in the pot, but on my lips, it is quite translucent, not as highly pigmented as I would expect. I do like how it feels on my lips. The original price was US$9, and for only US$2.49, it was definitely a good steal to moisturize my lips. This jelly balm does not come with SPF.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The last one really surprised me. I found it by accident. I was looking at L'Oreal Mineral Loose Powder, and I found this tube in the almost empty section. It was actually a Lasting Finish 16Hr Mineral Enriched Foundation in Natural Beige (400) by Rimmel London. Someone must have left it there.

Curiously, I went to the Rimmel London section, only a leaky tube remained there. It was only US$2.19 for a price originally at US$7.99. Too cheap to pass. Although I feel like the Natural Beige might be too dark for my skin tone, I still decided to get it. I was so glad to find out later it was actually one of Emilynoel83 favorite foundations.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Excitedly, the next day, I decided to try this foundation on my face. I used my favorite e.l.f. studio line powder brush to apply it. What Emilynoel83 claimed in her video is true for me!

The moment I swiped it over one side of my cheek, I could instantly see the remarkable difference it made on my face. I don't even need any concealer to cover my dark spots. My face looks flawless! Even though the Natural Beige does turn out slightly darker for my face, it is actually great for creating an instant tanned summer look. I will definitely do a review about it, even though this is going to be discontinued. The store also have a Long Lasting 25Hr Foundation priced at US$7.99, I believe this is why the 16Hr version is discontinued. Just hope the 25Hr will be as good if not better than the 16Hr version.

Anyway, I like it so much that I decided to go to other Walgreens again after dinner with the hubby in Little Saigon. I was hoping to get back up on lighter tone. Oh my... it was another awesome find for me!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I bought two more of this! Better, it was a BOGO sales when I paid. One was US$2.19, and another one was only US$1.10!! Holly molly! These three tubes cost less than US$6 even after tax. Somehow, the Natural Beige that I bought this time is slightly lighter color than my previous purchase (Good!). Also, I managed to get the last tube of Sand (300). There are still a few there, mostly Soft Beige (201) or Natural Beige (400).

I will definitely recommend to grab this to try if you see one. Rimmel London totally exceeds my expectation this time! ^_^

XOXO, fish fish

4 comments:

Khymm (Shopcoholic) said...

i really want to try DUO's Dark tone adhesive.. cant wait for your review of Rimmels mineral foundaiton.

Fish Fish said...

Khymm, yes, Duo eyelash is good! I will let you know what I think of this Dark Tone once I tried them.

Stavroula said...

I'd love a review on Rimmel's foundation! :) What's your skintype btw? :) Emilynoel83 is amazing!! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Stavroula said...

Oops you've already done one, I just noticed it!! Will check it out now! ;)

drugstoreandbargainlover