Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder

One problem for my combination skin in the tendency to have greasy look thanks to the oily T-zone on my face.

There are two ways for me to get rid of that greasiness.

One is to use blotting sheets. One is to use a mattifying powder.

I like to use both of them, depending on situation.

Since I talked about the Physicians Formula Shimmery Strip that gave too much shiny effect to my cheeks area, I want to introduce this product that I use to mattify it.

e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


It is priced at US$3 only, but come with a sleek packaging. e.l.f. website is the best place to get it, and you can get free shipping when you purchase more than US$75. Also, e.l.f. offer coupons from time to time, shopping in bulk through their website is the best deal. In fact, I have been fascinated by the quality of quite a number of their products lately that it has been one of my favorite drugstore brand cosmetics.

However, if you just want to try just one or two items from e.l.f., Target stores might be a better alternative, but with limited selections. I picked up their US$1 Shine Eraser and Mechanical Eyelash Tool from Target, and I absolutely like them, that I went to order more from e.l.f. website recently. They are on the way! Meaning a huge e.l.f. haul review is coming up pretty soon! *excited*

Back to the Matifying Powder.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It comes with a huge mirror (love it), a small sponge and 3.8 g of the powder.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sponge is not my usual tool for applying powder, but in this case, it is actually pretty handy since I only need to blot my shiny or oily part. The powder is suggested to be used all over the face too, but I only apply it to mattify my shiny zones.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a swatch of this powder on my hand. Since my hand is quite dry, this powder looks quite powdery. It feels quite smooth, although I won't describe it silky. I like that it is fragrance free.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a comparison of before and after blotting this matifying powder to get rid of the shimmery effect on my face. It gave a nice mattified effect.

It is pretty translucent, yet my face turn slightly fairer after using it. When I am using lighter foundation, I will opt for a blotting paper instead of this. However, when I am using a darker foundation, this powder is a good match to give a nice simple retouch on my face.

It has been one of my favorite to-go cosmetics item for this summer. The mirror is huge and nice that I don't have to bring another one.

Definitely something I will recommend. ^_^

XOXO, Fish Fish

2 comments:

Stavroula said...

Great review! :) I have this powder too! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Fish Fish said...

Stavroula, thank you! This is really quite a nice powder.