Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish 16Hr Mineral Enriched Foundation

Few days ago, I bought Rimmel London Lasting Finish 16Hr Mineral Enriched Foundation for a very good deal.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have been using them for a few days, and I am happy to say that this foundation does not cause any break out on my skin.

It was very easy and quick to apply this foundation. For summer, I prefer a more tanned look. I either use Natural Beige (400) on its own, or mix with Sand (300) for a brighter look.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just simply squeeze a small amount on the back of my hand. This way, my skin actually warm up the liquid foundation. This foundation is not too thick nor too thin, which give me adequate time to spread them evenly on my face yet dry up fast enough to set on my face.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My favorite way to apply the foundation is by using e.l.f. powder brush. Just dab lightly onto the foundation, then spread them evenly all over my face. I love using this powder brush because it actually give an airbrush effect to my face.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a comparison of my face before (left) and after (right) applying the foundation. Look how effortless it is to cover up dark spots on my face. For more obvious acne scars (one that is below my lips), I just use a concealer lightly dab on them and voila they are covered.

Before applying this foundation, I like to apply a sun protector cream as this foundation does not come with any SPF (the downside). After application, I like to do a final touch by swiping a thin layer of mineral powder foundation. Although there were only about 5-6 different tones for this foundation, one can actually buy two different tones to blend them up for getting the right tone to match your skin.

It is a very quick 2 minutes face preparation for my makeup session.

Eventhough this foundation has heavy coverage over my face, it does not give me the heavy feel. The foundation is not cakey too. I like how it is very long lasting (I tried morning till night and still look good after the long hours) and my face is not as greasy as it usually is, even on a very hot summer day.

In fact, after watching Youtube reviews, this seems like one of the best drugstore foundations. I guess I am really lucky for choosing the right one. ;) It seems to be suitable for all skin types too.

Give it a try if you have not. Hopefully you will like it as much as me.

XOXO, Fish Fish

3 comments:

Stavroula said...

So, you have oily skin! Me too! Do you happen to have any dry patches? If so, does this foundation accentuate them?

Have you tried Revlon Colorstay? It controls oil for me like nobody's business!! ;)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Fish Fish said...

Stavroula, I have combination skin. My T-zone is oily, my cheek are pretty normal, but somehow I feel my skin around my mouth is dry. This foundation works fine for this kind of combination. I have never tried Revlon Colorstay, might try it when my foundations running out. Thanks for the suggest.

Stavroula said...

Hmmmm my t-zone is soooo oily you can't even imagine, my cheeks are just oily and the area around my mouth is dry and flaky (yeah my skin is so weird lol), so I think this foundation will work for me! ;) Thanks, I'll get it when my foundations are running out too! ;)

drugstoreandbargainlover