Sunday, July 18, 2010

Review: Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit

This will be just a short review. I just got back from Orange County Fair. The fair is not that big, but I actually quite like it. The best part has got to be the X-treme Freestyle Moto-X. I touched live pigs for the first time. Very clean, warm and they just sleep all the time.

I was hoping to see cosmetics stalls there, what was I thinking? Hello~~~ it's a county fair.

I don't own many nail polish, except for a small bottle of Sephora blood red color and this, Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


It was my sister who initiated me to buy it. During the past Friends and Family 30% sales, I helped my sisters to get a few items. This nail kit was one of them. I would not have noticed it if not because of that.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The price (original price US$26, discounted price US$18, another 30% off during the F&F sales) was a very good deal to own 7 different colors.

So, I got myself a set too.

It comes in 7 Shades: White Widow (white sparkle), Gunmetal (gunmetal sparkle), Apocalypse (black-purple), Grunge (metallic peacock), Meltdown (royal purple), Big Bang (sparkling hot pink) and Fbomb (true red).



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One night, while watching TV with the hubby, I decided to multitask. I tried 6 of the 7 colors on my short fingernails. Please don't laugh, I am a total noob when comes to manicure.

My personal favorites are Meltdowna and Big Bang, they are very beautiful and vibrant. The only color I have yet to try out is the Gunmetal. It's not bad in term of color, however, they also chip easily. Some of them started to chip after two days.

I don't really mind since I am just having them for fun. When I am becoming more skillful, hopefully, I will try out OPI or Essie.

p/s: Just taken a whole lot of photos on my new 52 items from e.l.f. Time for a big haul post soon. ;)

XOXO, fish fish

2 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

lol...

i personally feel that OPI nail polish is easier to apply esp if you are a newbie tho..u shud try it :)

and cant wait for the huge elf haul pics..omg

Fish Fish said...

Pink Cotton, posted the huge haul! :P Crap, now I feel like buying the OPI. Maybe just one.