Monday, July 26, 2010

Time to get more containers

Few months ago, when I just started to do makeup, this nice medium size cosmetics case was just nice to keep my small collection of makeup items.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

However, as my collection is growing bigger and bigger, it caused this nice little case way overflow. Everytime when I did my makeup, there is definitely one or two things that took me forever to dig them out from the box.

I know I need to do something about it.


After sorting them out, only a few groups of items still remain in the box.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My upper case only consist mineral eyeshadows, some mini perfumes, face sunblock and a few tools.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My primers, eyecream, powder foundations, blotting items and some one-time-use samples are in the lower compartments.

The remaining items are categorized into three plastic containers.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They definitely look more neat, and more importantly make my makeup process faster since I don't have to "search" for them anymore.

However, I don't like to have these for keeping my cosmetics. I want something nicer and sturdy for long term keeping. So I went to buy a few containers from TJ Maxx and rearranged them. I think they worthed the investment.

My makeup items look so much better now. I'll show you in my next post. ;)

How about you? How do you keep your makeup items?

XOXO, Fish Fish

4 comments:

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

Hi Fish Fish! I store my makeup in a medium-sized traincase (like this one http://www.yazmo.com/makeupimages/BMO9BLACKCOMBO.jpg), but most of the products I use are displayed on my dressing table and the drawer. So my traincase is not filled up after all since I store my items where I can easily reach for them =P

-trace

Fish Fish said...

Trace, I agree! My cosmetics case hardly store any of my commonly use items now. It is so much easier to have them lay out and just reach them instantly. That is a beautiful traincase, even medium is huge. LOL

Shopcoholic said...

wow so organized! you're makeup case looks so cute!

Stavroula said...

Your makeup case is so pretty! :) Vintage like! :) I can't wait to see how you re-arranged your cosmetics now! :) Here's how I store mine:

http://drugstoreandbargainlover.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-current-makeup-storage.html

drugstoreandbargainlover