Friday, August 06, 2010

Deal: Sephora V.I.B. Swag Bag + V.I.B. Appreciation Weekend

I love Sephora. Just look at the number of things I have bought online and in-store from Sephora, you know it is one of my favorite places to shop.

I have spent almost US$700 there that I am a V.I.B. member.

So, what is a V.I.B.? It is the abbreviation for Very Important Beauty Insider. First, you joined their Beauty Insider program for free. Then, everytime you purchase somethings, using your Beauty Insider card, remember to accumulate the points. Once you have spent US$350, you will become a V.I.B. for two years. Every year, you have to spend at least US$350 to become a V.I.B. for that year. 

V.I.B.'s will enjoy more free gifts and good offers from time to time, usually once per month/two months. They even have a hotline specially for V.I.B.'s.

This weekend (Aug 6-8), they call it V.I.B. Appreciation Weekend.

I get a FREE Swag Bag with minimum purchase and double points!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I couldn't resist the good offer. Decided to go to Sephora again! Not a very good idea when it is just less than 10 min away from my place.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My makeup remover and nail polish remover are running low, good timing to get them. Too bad, the Sephora makeup remover was out of stock. So, I only bought this nail polish remover for US$9.80.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I handed my printed coupon in my email and traded for this nice little black bag!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 samples and 2 badges inside!!

Let's look at each of them.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Top left: Sephora Atomic Volume Maximum Volume Mascara (0.1 fl. oz.)
Woohoo! Another Mascara to try.

Top right: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Lightweight Flawless Coverage (0.5 fl. oz)
I have Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and I love it. Going to try this Lightweight version.

Bottom left: Dr. Brandt Collagen Booster (0.17 fl. oz.)
I've never tried any Dr. Brandt products, so I am curious.

Bottom right: Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener (0.13 fl. oz.)
Another Smashbox sample for me to try. Smashbox cosmetics don't tempt me as strong as Urban Decay nor Too Faced.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Top: Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm (0.5 fl. oz.)
Yeah! I love sample of haircare products. This is my second sample from Phyto, both have yet to try.

Bottom: Clarins Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum Youth Boost (0.35 oz.)
Also my second Clarins sample, yet to try too.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Top: Urban Decay Stardust Eyeshadow in Retrograde (0.035 oz.)
This has to be one of my favorite free sample! Now I can decide whether UD Stardust is too glittery! I love the deep purple color!

Bottom: Two Sephora badges.
If only they come with two different versions. Oh well, I'll save one for my sister.

I am quite happy with the Swag Bag. And I am thrilled to get double points. If that is not good enough...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They decided to give a FREE SHIPPING service once for V.I.B.s during the whole month of August. Great! Now I can get my makeup remover online by not worrying to pay for shipping, and I get double points!! 

Did I say I love Sephora? You bet I do!!

XOXO, Fish Fish

5 comments:

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

OMG I wish we had sephora in manila :( freebies and samplers are not very common around here. i remember spending almost $150 in Make Up For Ever and the SA did not even give me a single freebie or sample to try!

Pink Cotton said...

wow..the "samples" looks like full sized products to me...lol

i think sephora is opening in KL soon! :D but im sure its going to much much more expensive :(

Fish Fish said...

Trace, one thing I like about Sephora in U.S. is they give you free samples upon request, on any brands, as long as it is giveable. But I am not too sure about the policy outside U.S. Where did you get your MUFE? In the Philippines? Gosh... with US$150, they really should give you a few samples!!

Pink Cotton, it seems like the one in Singapore is about 30% more expensive that U.S. It might be similar with the one in Malaysia. I am so excited to see what brands will be brought into Malaysia by Sephora! Hopefully Urban Decay too!

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

Yes, I got my MUFE in the actual boutique here in Manila, around two years ago. =( Maybe the makeup artist hoards all the samples, I don't know. I did not buy anything from MUFE after that experience.

December 2009 I bought $100 worth of makeup at the Laura Mercier counter and I didn't get any sample - I actually asked if there's any appreciation sample and the MU Artist said they're all gone! =(

I wish I lived in far more generous places haha.

Fish Fish said...

Hmmm... I wouldn't buy from MUFE too with such an experience! I bought my Laura Mercier Flawless Kit after they gave me a sample that I ended up using for almost two weeks. I agree Sephora is very generous when it comes to samples giving. And some of these samples really turned me into buying the full size product. I prefer it this was rather than buying the products, don't like then return them.