Monday, August 16, 2010

Personal: Try out new makeup remover

Since I started in makeup, I have only used two makeup removers, and I love both of them.

The one I like the most is Lancome Bi-Facil Makeup Remover. I got a few bottles sample size when I bought other Lancome products.

This thing is so gentle on the eyes, and work like magic to remove my waterproof makeup without much effort. I don't usually use it as I am saving them up as my travelling bottles. Personally, I don't want to get their full size as it cost US$26 for 125 ml. I don't think I want to spend that much just to remove makeup from my face.

Luckily, I found a good alternative in Sephora. Their own brand FACE Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. For same amount of product as full size Lancome Bi-Facil, it costs only US$10 per bottle. Not the cheapest in the market, but it is actually pretty good. For removing waterproof eyeliner and mascara especially on my lower lashes area, I do find it is not as effortless as Lancome Bi-Facil. However, if I let the wet cotton pad stay on my eyes for about 30 seconds, the removing process get so much easier. A bottle of this can last me about 4 months. For U$2.50 per month, it is actually a pretty good deal.

I am not happy at all that Sephora has been running out of their FACE Makeup Remover for weeks, both online and in-store. My remaining bottle has only about a week supply left.

I went to Target today to find some replacement, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover caught my eyes. I have not bought it yet, but I think I will get one after seeing good review about it on Youtube. Better, I can get a bottle of 162 ml for only US$6.49.

My perfect makeup remover must be gentle, not stinging the eyes, and remove waterproof makeup easily. I don't mind the oily part because I can get rid of it easily using my face cleanser. This Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover sounds exactly like one.

However, I do want a second opinion. If you have other recommendations, do let me know. Better, if it is a cheaper drugstore brand. ;) Thank you.

XOXO, Fish Fish

2 comments:

Cat said...

I HEART Lancome Bi-Facil Makeup Remover, it is my favorite by far. Was highly recommended by a few girl friends who had used them for many years. As soon as I tried it out, get 2 bottles right away! No eyes irritating, very mild and remove all eye make up product easily!! Love it~

Fish Fish said...

Hi Cat, you are right. If only it comes with cheaper price. *sigh* I am glad they do give out free sample size with purchase though. :)

I have tried 4 makeup remover so far, and I do like Bi-Facil the most.