Saturday, September 11, 2010

Deal and Review: Sephora V.I.B. Bonus - Temptu Retouch Highlighter

Last Wednesday, Sephora was having monthly V.I.B. Bonus again. Glad I saw the email before went to work. Managed to get one before it was Out of Stock in Sephora store. If you don't know what is V.I.B., read this post. V.I.B. is an abbreviation for Very Important Beauty Insider.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The bonus for the month of September. It was a sample size Temptu Retouch Highlighter, worth about US$5. Not a very nice bonus this time in term of the price, but it will be a fun try for me since I have been tempted to try different highlighter for my nose rather than Virgin eyeshadow in my Naked Palette.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The bonus only came in one color - Champagne, the lighter shade of this product. I only need to print out my email, and past it to the cashier in a Sephora store, and voila, I got my free Temptu Retouch Highlighter.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It came like a marker pen.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But with a brush tip. After clicking the end of this pen for a few times...



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I finally see the liquidy form of the highlighter. I like this Champagne color, perfect for my nose tone.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See how the color stood out on the back of my tanned hand?



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And here is a comparison of my nose before and after the highlighter application.

My nose managed to capture the light from my camera flash. It would be better if this highlighter came in powder form. I am not too used to the liquid form of highlighter. I still think I prefer my Virgin eyeshadow.

I might use it in a regular basis when they weather is dryer and colder. For now, eventhough it looked nice right after application, it accentuated my oil nose after an hour.

Thank you for the fun product for me to try, Sephora. It's good to be a V.I.B. This fun program should be extended to outside U.S.

p/s: I've been doing very rush makeup for my work these past few shift, and I promise myself today will make a proper makeup. ;)

XOXO, Fish Fish

No comments: