Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: Lise Watier Duo Mineral Eyeshadows

Have you ever heard of Lise Watier Cosmetiques? I haven't, until I went to visit my aunt in Calgary, Canada in May. This cosmetics company have been in the business since 1972.

I was captivated by its colorful and vibrant display in one of the drugstores called London Drugs. At the end of my visit, I just had to get one of their products to try. 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Initially, I wanted to buy their eyeshadow quads, but I didn't really like the touch of the texture and the pigment was not as good as in the quads. Instead, I bought a duo mineral eyeshadows, probably one of their limited edition products. Can't find any information about it online now. I don't remember how much was it, most probably about CAD25-35.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I like the packaging. Very pretty.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And I chose Sunset Fever.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The duo was a combination of a golden yellow and a peachy orange. Not two eyeshadow colors that I would normally choose. It came with a mirror and a double-end sponge tips.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The colors in this photo didn't really do their justice. In real life, the yellow one has more golden tone and the orange should be more intensed.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a swatch of each of the colors.

Since it is my off day, this morning I decided to be more colorful with my makeup using this duo eyeshadows. The eyeshadows were smooth and very easy to apply, even using the applicator that came with it. I actually like the applicator, pretty good quality.

I didn't apply them alone. Instead, I was blending them with a deep purple and a light green eyeshadow from Shopping in Milan sub-palette of Sephora 5-in-1 palette (will review about this palette in the future).  For my eyeline, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Lust to match with my purple orange theme.

It was definitely a brave try for me. It turned out pretty good.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is my EOTD. What do you think of them?

XOXO, Fish Fish

No comments: