Tuesday, October 05, 2010

BOGOF: N.Y.C. Blush and Bronze from Rite Aid

This year, October is my "Crazy Budget Month", as my sister likes to call it.

Basically, it has been an annual challenge for me. I started to do it way back when I was only a student in Japan, thanks to the influence of a TV program that challenge a monthly budget of only 10,000 yen per month (it is like surviving with US$100 per month). Every time, I survived the challenge, not including my rental and utility fees. There was one time I have 2,900 yen remained at the end of the month! Damn proud of myself.

This is the first year I am doing it with the Hubby. Instead of US$100, I decided to make it US$150 for two reasons.

1. We have two mouths to feed.
2. We have two cars to feed.

The US$150 will include foods, groceries, gasoline, and all other form of entertainments, but excluding apartment rental and utilities. So far, we are doing good. Daily update is in my food blog.

To match up with this theme, I will write posts that are for "extreme budgets" this month. I bought these items before October, no new purchases are involved to write these October posts.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The first post.

I got these New York Color (N.Y.C.) products for a very good deal two weeks ago. Rite Aid was having BOGOF for N.Y.C. products, and I decided to get these two items to try. For only US$2.99 + 8.75% sales tax, I got a blush and a bronze!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am obsessed with trying different blushes lately. Especially blushes with pink tone. The N.Y.C. Cheek Glow Single Pan Blush have been attracting my attention for quite a while, so when the BOGOF moment was here, I knew I just had to get the Central Park Pink. It is US$2.99 at regular price.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If compared to Maybelline Expert Wear Blush (Romantic Plum) and CoverGirl Cheekers Blush (Classic Pink and Natural Rose), this N.Y.C. Single Pan Blush definitely is my favorite.

It is well-pigmented, yet not too much. I just have to apply a single layer, and the beautiful pink just easily glows on my face. Unlike Maybelline that is hardly show any pigment, or CoverGirl that comes with irritating fragrance, I just love this N.Y.C. The best part, it was also the cheapest among the three brands.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I chose Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny for BOGOF. The main reason why I got this because I was looking for a matte bronze. And emilynoel83 strongly recommended in one of her youtube videos, and she is one of the few makeup gurus that I trust when it comes to drugstore brand products.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was not a disappointment at all. I love the smooth application, and yet the bronze color is not too deep for my skin tone. I was very pleased with my two choices.

N.Y.C. might be really cheap in price, but I truly think these two products work better than the economic price. ;)

XOXO, Fish Fish

No comments: