Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reveal: MUFE Rock For Ever Dany's Essentials

I finally took some photos of my new products. A long post ahead.

This post is about a Rock themed purchase that I did during the Sephora Friends and Family Sales - MUFE Rock For Ever Dany's Essentials. I am pleased with this purchase that I even made some effort to write a review on this product's page.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My first reaction when I saw the train case inside the box - it was smaller than I thought yet cool and pretty. Rocker style is growing strong inside me, and getting this now is the right moment for me.

The dimension of this train case is approximately 8" x 5.7" x 5.5", based on my measurement.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The train case was packed inside a nice black box, with the front showing "Rock For Ever" and the back revealing the 29 products inside. There was a little "Made in France", which might mean only this box, and not the whole thing.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It is a sturdy train case. The materials used to build this train case was better than my expectation. For something come as "Free", I am very pleased with it. I particularly love the studded metals pieces outside the train case, also a few of them were misaligned.

I love it even more the moment I saw the products inside. Three tiers of 28 full size and 1 sample size products, all were kept neatly in this mini to-go train case.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The train case is tagged with a nice "Make Up For Ever Professional Paris", and one of the metal piece inside is embossed with "Made in China".


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The length of the train case after full expansion is 17".

Imagine all these only cost me $260.13, while I would have to pay $325.16 without the Friends and Family, and worse $649.24 if I buy these separately (even without the free train case). I ended up paying only 40% of the original price of the 29 products.

Here is a closer look at the products, including their original price and country that made them.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There are only two tools.
1. HD Kabuki Brush ($39). The only product that is made in China for this set. I like that is is made of synthetic fiber (nylon) instead of animal hair, like all my other brushes.
2. Double Pencil Sharperner ($7). This sharperner is made in Germany. I am using the Urban Decay sharperner ($9) that is also made in Germany at the moment, and it is very good. I am truly excited to try this and to see are both equally good. 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was very happy that the set came with two of their faux eyelashes, and the choices I would get (if not because of their expensive price, at $15 each). These lashes are made in Indonesia.

3. 21 Floriane. A medium length lashes with fluffy tips.
4. 115 Erin. An extreme pink flairs tipped with black feather-tipped accents. I can imagine how much attention one will gather with this pair of pinks!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5. Mist and Fix ($27, France). This thing is said to set all types of makeup and prolongs hold, even under extreme conditions. I shall see how well it will work with my combination oily skin.

6. HD Microperfecting Primer in Neutral ($32, France). Another product that I am excited about. I love my Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer, and it will be fun to see if this one works better.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7. HD Elixir ($38, France). I have never used an elixir, although I have "bought" them many time in online games. It says this serum instantly hydrates and adds radiance to the skin. I might need to get a Sephora staff to teach me how to use this thing properly.

8. HD Microfinish Powder ($30, France). This is a universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone. I have yet to find the magic of using an HD powder, although I own one by e.l.f. Another one to get consult from the Sephora staff. :P

9. Mini Sens' Eyes ($7, France). The only travel size product in this set. A mineral oil-free, gel makeup remover for eyes and lips. I have never used a gel type makeup remover, so this is something I am eager to try. I hope it will work as good as Lancome Bifacil, and will be able to remove waterproof makeup.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There are 4 cream products in the set. Three Aqua Cream and a Aqua Black.

10-12. Aqua Cream ($22 each. Belgium). It comes in 5 Peach, 13 Warm Beige and 15 Taupe. The Peach can be used for the lips and cheeks while Warm Beige and Taupe are formulated for the eyes and cheeks.

13. Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow ($22, Belgium). Unlike the Aqua Cream, this one only can be used on the eyelids. I think it will make a good cream eyeliner too.

14 & 15. Star Powder in Yellow Gold 920 and White/Orange 940 ($19 each, France). These are supposed to catch the light and give our skin a unique glow. It can also be used on the are of the face that need highlighting.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

16 & 17. Eyeshadow in Iridescent Yellow Beige 126 (tan beige shimmer) and Iridescent Brown Black 139 (brown black shimmer). Each cost $19 and made in France.

18. Diamond Shadow in Purple 309 (dark purple with silver shimmer, $20, France).

I like these three shades, they are very practical for my skin tone, but I am not sure how much I will like the quality of the shadow. They do not feel as creamy and pigmented when I swatch them alone on my hand.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love these pencil choices! Four Aqua Eyes and Two Aqua Lips. All the pencils are made in Germany.

19-20. Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Nude Beige 1C (light neutral beige) and Red 8C (true red). $17 each. I am happy to see two lipliners are included as I have been planning to get some. Nude Beige is something I can use daily while the red version will be a challenge for me to do makeup that is outside of my comfort zone. I have never used true red on my lips, and I am going to do one during the Christmas party, if it turns out good after some practice.

21-24. Aqua Eyes in Mat Black 0, Pearly Brown 2L, Iridescent Navy Blue 3L and Purple 11L. $17 each. Totally excited about these. People have been comparing this with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, being a true fan of the 24/7, I am going to confirm if this can win over my current love. ;)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

25-27. Rouge Artist Intense in 1 (matte flesh), 36 (satin fuchsia) and 43 Moulin Rouge. I love the color of 1 and 36, and I am thrilled with this true red Moulin Rouge. The moment I held it, "Holy red!" was what I could think of at that time. These are very pretty and made on good quality packaging. They are said to be highly-pigmented, long-lasting lipsticks that deliver rich color in one stroke.  The reviews are saying these are long wearing and creamy. I hope they will be a pleasant surprise.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The final two - mascaras. $22 each and made in France.

28. Smoky Lash. This mascara is described to give the lashes curl, volume, length and intense pigment. I am not a big fan of regular mascara and they don't hold my curl. Although this one get 4.3/5.0 from the consumer ratings, I doubt it will be the right one for me.

29. Aqua Smoky Lash. A waterproof version of Smoky Lash. It is described to deliver volume, length and intense pigment, but the reviews by the consumers only rate it 3.8 So I am a bit sceptical on this one. I will see how good it is as compared to my $3 Maybelline Waterproof the Falsies.

So, there you go, a very long reveal of 29 products in a small train case. I can imagine more than 20 reviews can be done on this single purchase. But until then, I shall adore that cute little train case.

XOXO, Fish Fish

3 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

wow...that's a really long post!
but soo many products in one case...must be so fun experimenting with each one of them :D

what's HD powder and HD foundation btw? ive heard so much of HD foundation but dono how differnet it is from our normal foundation? :D

Cosmetics Aficionado said...

WOW. This was such an awesome buy, and what a great deal on the products!

Fish Fish said...

Pink cotton, good question. I know it means High Definition, but I really don't know much other than that. But I will ask the Sephora staff next time.

Leticia, I am already loving quite a few of the products inside. There is one lipstick that is too dry, I need to bring it to a Sephora store to see if that is normal.